Join our Maryland Umbrella
Maryland families have the option of completing their semi-annual reviews with Al Hadi while enjoying Al Hadi sponsored seminars and social gatherings.
We’re here to support you through your homeschooling journey!
In the State of Maryland, homeschool families have an option of being supervised by their residing county or an organization registered by the State Department of Education. Al Hadi Education Center’s Homeschool Umbrella is a Maryland-based homeschool umbrella registered by Maryland State Department of Education to supervise home instruction. We provide support and mentorship as you chart your way through your homeschool journey!
Why choose Al Hadi Education Center Homeschool Umbrella?
Along with the support and mentorship we provide, the umbrella also provides the following benefits to your family:
- Discounts to homeschool classes on our Silver Spring campus
- Access to Parenting Workshops
- Special parents and homeschooled children meet-ups through the year
- Two annual portfolio review consultations by co-Director, Latifa Barnett, M.Ed. an educator and a veteran homeschool mama
- Support and mentorship through our private Facebook Group- Al Hadi’s Homeschooling 101 Discussion Group where you may post questions, break-downs, and break-throughs related to your homeschool journey
The 2021-2022 Orientation will be held at 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM on the evening of August 31st at the Marilyn Praisner Library. Please note that this will be a Parents’ meet-up only.
During this Orientation we will cover the following:
- Maryland’s homeschooling laws and requirements
- Various methods you may document your child’s learning progress (portfolio)
- The method in which Al Hadi’s Directors will conduct your annual reviews in late Fall and late Spring to ensure you’re on the right track insha’Allah
- Required county forms you may need to fill out
- Answer any Q&A you may have about homeschooling